Monday, August 2, 2010

August 2, 2010
It's good to be back home in Lesotho! My visit to the U.S.A. was very good, but I am glad to be back and working again!! It was wonderful to see Joey and Lulu, my two grandchildren!! Yes, of course I've come back here with loads of pictures of the darlings. I've finally figured out how to get into this blog, so I'm writing directly to it rather than through Audry. Unfortunately, I haven't the slightest idea of how to post pictures; maybe Audry will be kind enough to post Joey and Lulu for me. The east coast was hot and muggy...CT was just a bit better, but the joy of being with Golfo, her family and my family made the weather quite bearable! ( Golfo, by the way, is doing quite well; she had surgery two weeks ago to remove the cancer from her body. According to the oncologist, there is no visible cancer left. She will undergo 3-6 more chemo sessions, and, hopefully be back on her feet and running around by mid November.) I must admit that the first two weeks I actually savored the heat...having come from the middle of winter in Lesotho! My timing for the trip back to the U.S.A. was just right (thank you, Audry and Jedd) as spring has just begun here. I am told that July was incredibly cold!
Thanks to the generosity of two of Audry's friends, I brought back over 300 pairs of brand new black socks for the school children. Mornings and evenings are still quite cold here, and will be through September, so the socks are very welcome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment