Friday, December 24, 2010

December 23, 2010


My Christmas Tree

Good morning family and friends. It is the day before Christmas Eve and the sun is shining in Lesotho…we are in shirtsleeves as we prepare for the holiday. The Ramoabi house is filled with grandchildren (Moms and Dads have left them off here for the summer break/Christmas holiday). Most likely, the parents will show up tomorrow. I miss everyone in the U.S.A., but feel very much a part of this family and my Peace Corps family. If fact, I’m off to the village in a few moments to do some last minute food shopping; two volunteers will come to spend the holiday with me.
I wish you all the merriest of Christmases and a very happy and healthy New Year.

My wish for Lesotho is that this awful A.I.D.s pandemic will disappear and people will learn the importance of practicing safe sex. Okay, enough preaching…here are some holiday pictures.


Ntate Ramoabi with his great grandson, Kopanu.


Kopanu and his mom.


A great shot of the spectrum of the family...'M'e, her oldest grandchild and her great grandson.


One of the grandchildren, Thuto with her hair all done up for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment